Supporting Our Communities Through This Challenging Time
COVID-19 Screening Preregistration with Healthvana
You can now save time by preregistering for COVID-19 screening and assessment using Healthvana. Contactless registration with Healthvana promotes social distancing, saves you time, and reduces potential exposure to COVID-19. You can download your COVID-19 test results via the Healthvana portal and send them to your employer or primary care provider directly.
Healthvana preregistration is only available for COVID-19 services at this time. When registering with Healthvana be sure to complete the Release of Information (ROI) form so we have authorization to send work letters or other correspondence regarding your results. Please note, without a signed ROI form on file, we are unable to send results or letters on your behalf.
Need help using Healthvana? Learn more in the Healthvana patient guide.
About COVID-19 Testing
We provide walk-up viral testing for active COVID-19 infections at no cost to patients through our Community Care Stations and mobile testing. If you have health insurance, please bring the information with you. No appointment required.
What to expect:
- You will receive results in 3-7 business days
- We will reach out to you with results (negative or positive)
- Patients with a positive COVID test result will receive a call from a nurse or provider
- Patients with a negative COVID test result will receive a text from Howard Brown
- If you registered with Healthvana, you will also receive a notification through its portal.
- A return to work letter can be requested when receiving results or by calling 773.388.1600. To expedite receiving a letter, please complete a Release of Information form and return to us via fax at 773.388.3936 or email at email@example.com.
- If you receive a positive test result you will be contacted by one of our contact tracers via telephone. This follow-up call lasts 15-20 minutes.
We provide COVID-19 antibody testing for patients who have not had COVID-19 symptoms for 10 days or more. The COVID-19 antibody test is a blood test that detects the body’s immune response to the infection caused by the virus rather than detecting the virus itself. Antibody tests require an appointment and are covered by most insurance.
Please call 773.388.1600 to schedule an appointment for a COVID-19 antibody test.
COVID-19 Community Care Stations
Howard Brown offers walk-up COVID-19 viral testing for active infections through Community Care Stations established at the below locations and operating hours. Testing at Community Care Stations is subject to change due to inclement weather. If you need a COVID-19 antibody test, please call 773.388.1600
1525 E 55th St
Chicago, IL 60637
641 W. 63rd St.
Chicago, IL 60621
6500 N. Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60626
3245 N. Halsted St.
Chicago, IL 60657
4025 N. Sheridan Rd.
Chicago, IL 60613
Howard Brown Health at Project Vida
2659 S. Kedvale Ave., Chicago, IL, 60623
- Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., 2 – 4 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
Howard Brown Health at TaskForce
9 N. Cicero Ave., Chicago, IL, 60644
- Services at this location are suspended indefinitely.
Patients concerned about their symptoms may request a telephone consultation with a nurse or medical provider about their particular situation. The hotline is staffed Monday – Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Calls received outside these hours are returned the next business day. You can reach the COVID-19 hotline at 773.388.1600