Be Yourself. Make Friends. Get Connected to Resources.
The mission of BYC is to make life healthier and happier for young people (12-24) who are transgender, queer, lesbian, bisexual, gay, and especially young people who do not have stable housing. All of our services are for youth, ages 12 to 24. BYC sees anyone, regardless of ability to pay.
To reach BYC, please call 773.388.1600 ext 9
Located at 4009 N. Broadway, BYC provides basic needs assistance, resource advocacy, mental wellness supports, and education/vocational services. We consider ourselves a one-stop shop and try to meet as many needs as possible for the people that we serve. Check out what we offer below and get in touch with us to let us know how we can help you meet your goals.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are providing services using social distancing, over the phone, and online.
In-person Hours of Operation
Broadway Youth Center
4009 N Broadway Ave
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
2747 W 79th St
Tuesday and Thursday
4 – 6 p.m.
Online and Phone-based Services Hours
773.388.1600 ext 9
Monday – Friday
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
All bodies are good bodies! We are here to support you in feeling as good as possible and meeting your body/healthcare goals without judgement.
Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Talk to someone privately about your questions.
- Get free condoms, lube, and safe sex supplies
- Get tested for pregnancy, HIV, sexually transmitted infections (STI)
- Access treatment for HIV, STIs, yeast infections, bacterial vaginosis (BV)
- Start the HIV prevention medication called PrEP
- Get birth control and talk to someone about pregnancy options
We can offer services online, through the mail, and in-person. Call us at 773.388.1600 ext 9 or email CharleeK@howardbrown.org to find out more.
- Meet with a Nurse Practitioner or Doctor to take care of yourself
- Get gender affirming care like hormones or surgery letters
- Manage chronic conditions like Asthma, HIV, Diabetes, etc.
- Get physical exams for work or school
- Vaccinations, flu shots, etc.
- Get tested for COVID-19
We can offer services online, through the mail, and in-person. Call us at 773.388.1600 ext 9 or email us at AshleyT@howardbrown.org to find out more.
Basic Needs Assistance
We have your back and will get you the resources you need.
- We can link you to shelters and apply to housing
- Get help pay your rent, utilities, and other expenses
- Getting important documents: photo ID, social security card, birth certificate, etc.
- Help get you a phone, email address, internet access and more.
- Request essential household and family supplies
- Every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9 – 11 a.m.
- Request for us to send groceries and household essential supplies
- Help you get Masks, hand sanitizers to protect yourself
- Come pick up hot meals and supplies
- Talk to a staff member about your needs
We can offer services online, through the mail, and in-person. Call us at 773.388.1600 ext 9 or email us at JulioF@howardbrown.org to find out more.
Healing Specialists are here to support your mental and emotional health.
- You can talk with us about sadness or anxiety, life changes, family or relationship issues—really anything that’s on your mind
- We can help with gender affirming letters!
- Send you self-care gift packs in the mail.
- You can call us to help you de-escalate and talk through conflict.
We can offer services online or on the phone. Call us at 312-857-8447 or email us at BYC@howardbrown.org to find out more.
You’re already smart. We help you meet your goals with school and work.
- Help finding and applying to jobs
- Resume and cover letter building
- Interview prep and practice
- Full GED program, including individualized teaching and practice testing
- Provide payment for GED tests and practice tests
- Help with school fees and supplies
- Help applying to college and academic programs
- Help with filing taxes
- Help with applying to scholarships and financial aid
We can offer services online, in person, or on the phone. Call us at 773-388-1600 ext 9 or email us at AdriannaC@howardbrown.org to find out more.
The V.O.I.C.E.S. Project
A safe space for transgender and gender nonconforming people to meet, eat, dance, discuss, and build community.
TYRA Online (Trans Youth Resource Advocacy)
TYRA is a weekly Zoom group for trans and gender nonconforming people ages 12 to 29 held every Monday at 5 p.m.
Join us for some quality conversation, meet other people, and have a good time!
Hosted by LeToya & Chris of the V.O.I.C.E.S. Project. Reach out to VOICES@howardbrown.org for more information
Triple S – Southside Safe Space
2747 W. 79th.
Tuesday and Thursday
4 – 6 p.m.
- Hot meal pick-ups
- Gift cards for groceries
- Basic hygiene kits
- Masks and hand sanitizer
Email VOICES@howardbrown.org for more information.