We’re not just on the case. We’re by your side.
Case management can be critical in the effort to live well with HIV. A case manager will work with you to determine what your needs are and to find the best way to help you. Your case manager will link you to important support services and help find the answers to the complex questions about with living with HIV. They will be available to you on an on-going basis continually monitoring your needs and coordinating services. There is never a charge for case management services.
Here are some of the services that a case manager can provide:
- Assistance in applying for social security or public aid
- Help in understanding complex private health insurance issues
- Advocacy for public benefits and other services
- General financial assistance which can include: emergency financial aid, food, housing, utilities and transportation assistance
- Referrals for medical, psychological, financial, legal and other services
For more information call 773.388.1600 and ask to speak with a case manager, or e-mail CaseManager@howardbrown.org.
About Case Management at Howard Brown Health
Howard Brown Health’s case management program has a long history of providing the highest quality comprehensive services since the first cases of HIV were identified in the early 1980s. Since 1990 when the Ryan White Care Act was passed, Howard Brown has provided individuals living with HIV/AIDS case management services.
Patient Application Clinic
The patient application clinic is designed to provide assistance with obtaining HIV medications for HIV+ individuals who do not receive case management, Linkage to Care services, or do not have other access to complete the application for assistance on their own. 30-minute appointments are available at Howard Brown Health Sheridan, Howard Brown Health Clark and Howard Brown Health Halsted clinics at various times and on select Saturdays. These appointments can be scheduled by Howard Brown registration staff. To schedule an appointment in the Patient Application Clinic please call 773.388.1600
You may also fill out your application for the AIDS Assistance Drug Program (ADAP) online. Please email your filled-out application to email@example.com (Adobe Acrobat Reader DC required)
Please include the following documents, if applicable:
- Proof of income dated within the past 90 days:
- Pay stubs (2-4), bank statements, SSA benefit letter, etc.
- Most recent federal tax return:
- All 1040 forms, 1095A, Form 8962, all ‘Schedule’ forms
- Insurance cards (health, dental, etc.)
- Monthly billing statement(s) from your insurance company