CENTERING THE NEEDS OF LGBTQ+ OLDER ADULTS
The goal of the Geriatric Medicine and Aging Services program at Howard Brown Health is to provide inclusive programs and services centering on the needs of LGBTQ+ older adults, community members and Howard Brown patients focusing on overall health and wellness, including physical health, mental health, emotional and social wellbeing, and economic health.
Our services include:
- Chronic disease management, including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart conditions, arthritis, and diabetes
- Care consultations
- Memory evaluation and care
- Bone care and osteoporosis evaluation
- HIV/STI testing and treatment
- Infectious disease care, including HIV and hepatitis
The Aging Services Case Management program provides short-term medically focused case management services for patients over the age of 60 living with chronic health conditions and in need of help managing health conditions or using healthcare and insurance systems.
We are able to help you:
- apply for and enroll in public benefits (SNAP, LIHEAP, Medicaid, and Medicare financial assistance programs)
- get durable medical equipment and medication
- access services including food, transportation, emergency financial assistance, and referrals to vision and dental care
If you are interested in talking with an Aging Services case manager, ask your Howard Brown provider for a referral, please call Howard Brown at 773.388.1600 and ask to speak to a member of the Aging Services Case Management team.
AGING WELL: The Aging Services Newsletter
This newsletter, published by Howard Brown Health’s Aging Services Program, provides a wealth of information, education, and entertainment that centered LGBTQ+ older adults. Publications include recipes, seasonal tips for healthy living, highlights of Aging Services groups, community member spotlights, LGBTQ+ history, and much more.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe!
Aging Well Archive:
Aging Services Advisory Board
The Aging Services Advisory Board consists of LGBTQ+ older adult community members and Howard Brown Health staff who work together to improve Aging Services programming and Howard Brown Health services for the older adult community.
Are you interested in advising on decisions related to Aging Services? Call 872-269-3945 or email email@example.com to apply!