Giving You Something to Smile About
Howard Brown Health Dental at 63rd St. is your comprehensive dental center located in Englewood. With modern equipment and a compassionate, patient-centered approach, we provide full service dental care with the community’s needs in mind. Same day emergency service is available based on provider availability.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed many things about our lives, including regular visits to the dentist. We are currently following science-based guidance and recommendations from ADA, CDC, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to help protect our patients and staff. Our goal is to provide a safe environment for everyone. Safety measures for patients and staff include the below procedures. If you have any questions about your appointment or concerns about your dental health, please call us at 773.388.1600.
Before Your Appointment
- All patients arriving for appointments at our dental clinic will be asked screening questions about their current health prior to their arrival. All patients will be asked in the past 14 days have you:
- Had symptoms today of cough, fever, and shortness of breath or body aches?
- Recently traveled? If so, where?
- Experienced loss of taste, smell, or appetite?
- Had abdominal pain or diarrhea?
- Had contact with anyone with confirmed COVID-19?
- Been screened for COVID-19? If so, what were your results?
- All patients will be required to wear facemasks. We will also limit the number of people present during the appointment. Only the patient will be allowed in the clinic unless an adult is accompanying a pediatric patient. Any other guests will be asked to wait outside.
During Your Appointment
- Upon arrival, all patients will be asked to wait outside until the appointment begins. This will reduce the number of people in the office and reduce the amount of time they’re in close proximity to others while indoors.
- When entering the clinic, the patient’s temperature will be taken to ensure it is not above 100.4°F.
- Hand sanitizer will be utilized and social distancing will be practiced.
- Staff will use protective equipment, including facemasks, face shields, gowns and goggles. These additional precautions help protect both the patient and staff member.
- We have also installed an air purification system throughout the dental clinic to remove aerosols from the air and improve indoor air quality.
After Your Appointment
- Dental staff will thoroughly clean all appointment areas using approved disinfectants to prepare for the next patient.
The health of our patients and staff is extremely important to us. We will continue to follow CDC, ADA, and OSHA guidelines and recommendations to ensure we are providing the best and safest care for our patients.
Howard Brown Health Dental Provides the Following Services:
- Dental X-Rays
- Oral exams
- Oral cancer screenings
- Dental cleanings
- Periodontal health maintenance
- Restorative dentistry, including crowns, bridges, and dentures
- Pediatric dental care for patients five years of age or older
- Limited oral surgery Single tooth dental implants and implant supported dentures through our collaboration with the University of Illinois College of Dentistry
Insurance and Sliding Scale
We accept Medicaid and most private insurance and provide a sliding scale for patients without insurance. The following services are provided by Howard Brown Health Dental if you qualify for the sliding fee scale:
- Comprehensive Oral Exam
- Deep Cleanings
- Extractions (if applicable)
- Dentures (if applicable) – Done at provider’s discretion
Learn more at howardbrown.org/patient-resources/sliding-scale/
Housed in the same building as Howard Brown Health 63rd Street, we work closely with primary care providers to address patients’ dental needs. Dental care is an essential part of maintaining holistic health and overall quality of life.
Call 773.388.1600 to schedule an appointment today.