At Howard Brown Health, all individuals including vendors, patients, community members, volunteers, staff members, interns, Board members, and guests agree to follow minimum standards of conduct as a condition to enter its spaces, access its services, or otherwise affiliate with the organization. These agreements promote diversity, equity, inclusion, safety, and well-being for all people engaged in the life of the organization:
- Foster respect, equity, and inclusion.
- Celebrate diversity.
- Refrain from hostile, abusive, and offensive language and behaviors.
- Stop acts of discrimination and sexual harassment in any form.
- Protect the health and safety of others.
- Protect confidential information.
- Respect individual rights to privacy.
Furthermore, Howard Brown Health’s representatives – inclusive of its staff members, officers, volunteers, interns, vendors, and Board members– agree to:
- Deliver exceptional services.
- Conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Avoid conflicts of interest.
- Adhere to all applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Respect intellectual property.
- Protect physical and financial assets.
- Stop acts of fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Comply with anti-kickback, anti-trust, anti-discrimination, and anti-harassment laws and regulations.
- Adhere to agency policy on gifts, meals, and entertainment.
- Foster workplace environment free of substance use or impairment.
- Use social media responsibly.
- Use good judgment when pursuing outside activities and interests that may reflect upon Howard Brown.
- Maintain accurate and complete records in compliance with applicable laws and funders/grantor requirements.
- Safeguard the environment by following applicable laws, rules, and regulations for health and safety.
Violations of the Howard Brown Health Code of Conduct must be reported immediately to management and/or its external independent ethics hotline at https://howardbrown.ethicspoint.com or 1.855.654.5550