At Howard Brown Health, all individuals including vendors, patients, community members, volunteers, staff members, interns, Board members, and guests agree to follow minimum standards of conduct as a condition to enter its spaces, access its services, or otherwise affiliate with the organization. These agreements promote diversity, equity, inclusion, safety, and well-being for all people engaged in the life of the organization:
- Foster respect, equity, and inclusion.
- Celebrate diversity.
- Refrain from hostile, abusive, and offensive language and behaviors.
- Stop acts of discrimination and sexual harassment in any form.
- Protect the health and safety of others.
- Protect confidential information.
- Respect individual rights to privacy.
Furthermore, Howard Brown Health’s representatives – inclusive of its staff members, officers, volunteers, interns, vendors, and Board members– agree to:
- Deliver exceptional services.
- Conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Avoid conflicts of interest.
- Adhere to all applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Respect intellectual property.
- Protect physical and financial assets.
- Stop acts of fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Comply with anti-kickback, anti-trust, anti-discrimination, and anti-harassment laws and regulations.
- Adhere to agency policy on gifts, meals, and entertainment.
- Foster workplace environment free of substance use or impairment.
- Use social media responsibly.
- Use good judgment when pursuing outside activities and interests that may reflect upon Howard Brown.
- Maintain accurate and complete records in compliance with applicable laws and funders/grantor requirements.
- Safeguard the environment by following applicable laws, rules, and regulations for health and safety.
Violations of the Howard Brown Health Code of Conduct must be reported immediately through the Incident Reporting system.