LOCATION: Howard Brown 47th
Under the direction of the Director, Practice Management, the Practice Manager oversees support staff inclusive of Medical Assistants and site-specific office support staff. Provides direct customer service functions with patients and clients. Ensures the highest level of customer service.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct oversight of the day to day site clinic operations support staff inclusive of medical office support staff, exclusive of nursing, BHS, and medical providers.
- Provides front desk functions of greeting clients, check in and registration functions along with the support staff team.
- Serves as a liaison for the safety committee, fire/site specific safety officer functions for the site.
- Acts as client advocate and attempts to resolve client complaints regarding office functions and service provided. Reports incidents needing a higher level of attention to the grievance officer.
- Ensures smooth operations and minimizes wait times, improves cycle time / patient waiting time.
- Oversees Medical Assistants and supports the Patient Services Representative (PSR) functions including efficiently rooming/vitaling patients and overseeing/promoting the highest level of customer service provided to patients and clients.
- Provide the highest level of service to internal customers at the site including nursing and medical providers.
- Develops efficient processes for collection of demographic and insurance information for patients. Leads the team in educating patients about benefits they may be eligible for and assisting patients with those application procedures.
- Serves as liaison for medical providers and gathers feedback on how to improve operational efficiencies.
- Assists team in resolution of day to day operational challenges and seeks feedback from the team on operations for the site.
- Oversees the provision of office support functions by Medical Assistants and support staff including administrative support with client communications, paperwork requests and administrative support of Nursing and Medical providers.
- Develop and oversee the schedule for support staff to optimize operational efficiency at the site.
- Works collaboratively with outside vendors as well as internal staff to order medical and office supplies for the site.
- Develops training programs to ensure data entry standardization, accuracy and integrity as well as adherence to collections policies and procedures. Mentors staff to develop skills necessary to improve their abilities.
- Establishes monitoring and auditing practices to assure accuracy of data collection.
- Performs other duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIRED:
- Current certification as medical assistant required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3 years medical office experience, provides direct oversight and management of site specific staff
- Promotes a culture of customer service
- Bilingual – Spanish/English highly regarded.
- Requires ability to speak audibly and listen actively.
- Requires ability to use computers, telephones and other office equipment.
- Requires ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- May require occasional bending and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- May require periodic travel.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please start the application process using the link below. Applicants should submit both their cover letter and resume into our ADP system for consideration
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.