The Project Manager is responsible for facilitating successful project delivery including the planning, scheduling, execution, and closing of all assigned projects within established budget/schedule. The Project Manager will be a support function for the CEO, Executive Leadership Team and Board Members. You will oversee relevant project documents, deliverables and report the progress throughout the project life cycle. You will acquire a deep understanding of Howard Brown’s internal administrative systems and existing capabilities. In order to be successful is this position you must possess the capabilities to drive operational efficiencies and provide solutions to a variety of business challenges.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Direct and manage project development and progress from beginning to end.
- Guide team as they work with project sponsors and business stakeholders to define project scope, objectives, tasks, milestones, budgets, and measures of success.
- Establish project governance with key leaders and stakeholders and facilitate governance activities to ensure leadership effectively clears roadblocks and promotes the success of the project.
- Plan, estimate, and control project costs, including resource planning, to ensure project is delivered on time and within budget.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Estimate and identify the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Negotiate with contractors and internal department managers for the acquisition of required personnel.
- Develop scaled project plans and associated communications documents using standard tools.
- Identify and manage project resource needs and goals – strategies, staffing, scheduling, issue resolution, contingency plans, communication plans, and change control.
- Facilitate or participate in routine project team meetings to establish and continually manage project requirements and expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Provide project management coaching and mentoring to others in the organization.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Track and report status (progress, next steps, issues) against project plans to appropriate stakeholders and senior management based upon agreed to communication plans.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Identify and resolve issues/conflicts and/or escalate where appropriate for resolution.
- Proactively manage potential scope and schedule changes.
- Conduct project lesson learned sessions and create a recommendations report in order to develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- BS/BA degree in computer science, information systems, human resources, health care or related fields required.
- Three or more years’ project management experience and PMP certification required.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office, Visio and Project Management software.
- Thorough knowledge of formal project management methodologies.
- Knowledge of Lean process improvement methodology preferred.
- Must be able to work effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Hours outside normal business hours and/or on call availability will be required
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please start the application process using the link below. Applicants should submit both their cover letter and resume into our ADP system for consideration
Click here to APPLY
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.