Partner Services Specialist
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with CDPH and IDPH to serve patients infected with syphilis, HIV, and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and refer their sex partners for examination and/or treatment; notification of possible exposure to infection is done confidentially via telephone, in person, and via electronic media including e-mail and sex-seeking websites.
- Provide an initial assessment of every newly HIV diagnosed patient at Howard Brown Health Center and partner agencies; connect them to Linkage to Care (LTC) and medical services.
- Perform a seamless transition from Partner Services to LTC by coordinating a handoff with LTC staff
- Conduct a minimum of two interviews (an interview and re-interview).
- Provide aggregate data and statistics related to total number of persons tested, demographics, gender, and positivity to Manager of Partner Services and the collaborating agency or agencies.
- Ensure that appropriate progress notes and orders are recorded on patient’s EMR
- Assist HBHC medical and testing staff across clinical care sites and programs by notifying clients of positive STI/HIV results, scheduling return visits, and ensuring timely and adequate treatment of clients with bacterial STIs; assist HBHC and/or CDPH/IDPH staff in finding and notifying hard-to-locate clients.
- Assist clinic staff in timely reporting of all cases of syphilis to CDPH and IDPH in accordance with Illinois regulations; scan, link and route IDPH HIV/STI results of HBHC clients quickly and accurately within EHRS.
- Participate in and complete Disease Intervention Specialist, STI/HIV, STI interviewing, HIV test counseling, Hepatitis A/B/C and phlebotomy trainings as required.
- Provide pre and post-test counseling for HIV and STIs in HBHC medical clinic; have working knowledge of how to address common sexual health concerns; communicate factually regarding HIV primary care, Hepatitis A/B/C, and other relevant health topics.
- Collaborate with HIV/STI Outreach Program and the Broadway Youth Center as appropriate; assist with syphilis outreach including education, referrals for testing/treatment, and scheduling; increase HIV/STI prevention knowledge base of staff in other programs through collaboration, in-services, and in-house trainings.
- Complete HIV/STI Interview Records and Field Records thoroughly and expeditiously; review and comment on cases of other HBHC DIS on a periodic basis.
- Represent HBHC on the Syphilis Elimination Task Force.
- Attend periodic meetings, trainings and/or updates at CDPH sites.
- Participate in special events as directed by manager/project coordinator.
- Assist CDPH and HBHC in field and outreach activities.
- Act as liaison with outreach venue owners, managers, and on-line service providers serving MSM.
- Maintain accurate statistics and reporting.
- Assure that all project policies conform to policies of HBHC.
- Coordinate data collection tools, program protocols, and data analysis for evaluation.
- Maintain highest level of client confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- BA/BS in social services or related, OR more than 2 years professional experience in HIV/STI Prevention or related Public Health field.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong communication, organization and written skills.
- Primary work setting is an indoor office/healthcare environment.
- Potential irregular hours, occasional late or weekend meetings/events.
- Space is limited and must be shared for most appropriate usage.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with diverse staff and client populations.
- Occasional travel (typically <2 miles) to other clinical sites or partner agencies; must travel within city and/or within Midwest for mandatory trainings.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please start the application process using the link below. Applicants should submit both their cover letter and resume into our ADP system for consideration.