Job Title: HIV/STI Evaluator
Department: Program Evaluation & Epidemiology
Reports To: Director of Program Evaluation & Epidemiology
The HIV/STI Evaluator will be responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing successful data collection, management, quality assurance, and reporting for Howard Brown Health’s program data, and will serve as the primary data manager for several on-going sexual/reproductive health projects and quality initiatives at Howard Brown Health, a Community Health Center specializing in caring for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) –identified persons, and other sexual minority, gender variant, and otherwise disproportionately affected persons in the region.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile data to meet reporting requirements for a variety of HIV/STI-related grants; improve current systems, and implement new systems, of HIV/STI-related data management to allow for timely reporting and real-time analysis of outcomes across HBHC’s testing and care programs and fixed sites.
- Provide technical assistance and data (including tables, charts and graphs) related to reporting needs for current HIV/STI grants, and data needs for grant applications; work with program staff to develop and implement necessary processes for reporting to current and potential funders.
- Improve current systems and implement recommendations for systems and policies to ensure data integrity and security, beginning from the point of data collection through management, analysis/reporting and submission/transmission to funders.
- Collaborate with Information Technology staff to ensure high quality data; assist with data cleaning and quality assurance of Electronic Health Records System (EHRS) data and local databases; work as an integral member of a Community Health Center data/quality team to support the efficient and effective management of HIV/STI data.
- Develop SAS/SQL code for routine data quality assurance checks and generation of standardized and ad hoc reports.
- Work with program staff and data users within the Sexual and Reproductive Health Department to determine user needs and design reports to meet those needs.
- Collaborate with program staff to interpret and present HIV/STI-related data to develop educational materials for community members.
- In collaboration with HIV/STI Director and program staff, develop and guide data analysis for abstracts and research-related publications pertaining to topics related to sexual/reproductive health/wellness.
- Use epidemiologic methods and knowledge in creation and analysis of novel data types and metrics in relation to HIV, STI, and reproductive health data.
- Guide the development of the data and reporting infrastructure of the Sexual and Reproductive Health department, including managing coordinators and data specialists on grants within the Sexual and Reproductive Health Department.
- Collaborate with medical staff and identity trends to develop regular quality checks on HIV/STI testing, positivity, and treatment data.
- Represent Howard Brown Health at local and national conferences and meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIRED:
- Completion of a Master’s Degree program in public health or related discipline at an accredited college or university, preferably with training in epidemiology, biostatistics, statistics and/or health informatics
- Advanced knowledge and use of SAS and Excel
- Experience with computer processing methods used to generate, organize and display statistical and other research data
- Experience working with electronic health records systems and surveillance data
- Experience working with large relational databases
- Strong computer background and analytical abilities
- Ability to analyze data, produce technical reports, and establish and maintain effective relationships with persons contacted in the course of work
- Excellent organizational skills
- Sensitivity to and experience working with diverse individuals, communities, agencies, and organizations
- Knowledge of SQL, Crystal Reports XI, Stata, SPSS, and/or other statistical and data analysis software/programs.
- Experience with ETL (extract, transform, load) processes.
- Requires ability to speak audibly and listen actively.
- Requires ability to use computers, telephones and other office equipment.
- Requires ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- May require occasional bending and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- May require periodic travel.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please start the application process using the link below. Applicants should submit both their cover letter and resume into our ADP system for consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.