Director of Facilities & Safety
In collaboration with SVP of Enterprise Business, Facilities & Construction, oversee and direct office services and facilities management, preventive maintenance and safety & security for Howard Brown Health Center and satellite locations. Manage mail services for all HBH locations
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines.
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Conduct training and presentation for health and safety matters and accident prevention.
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- Inspect equipment and machinery to obse4rve possible unsafe conditions.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and have oversight to any investigatory matters related to worker’s compensation claims.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities, or ne prevention measures.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues, and statistics.
- Plan and supervise maintenance of all Howard Brown facilities, including management of third party service providers.
- Lead safety efforts at all Howard Brown facilities including onsite security and safety protocols.
- Lead emergency management across all sites, including emergency plan.
- Conduct safety training for all staff, including quarterly drills at all sites.
- Manage and ensure timely completion of facilities maintenance requests.
- Source and manage purchasing of furniture and office equipment.
- Perform or oversee interior building maintenance and repairs such as painting and plumbing, for all locations.
- Provide early morning, weekend and evening coverage when planned or in response to building emergencies.
- Manage alarms, key control and building access for all sites.
- Manage scheduling and maintenance of Facilities department vehicle.
- In partnership with SVP and site managers, coordinate space planning and furniture for office moves.
- Supervise maintenance of inventory of supplies and furnishings at all sites.
- Ensure appropriate department staffing at all times
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or other Higher education preferred
- Five years or more previous maintenance experience
- Three to five years (or more) supervisory experience required
- Must have a good understanding of preventive maintenance
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please start the application process using the link below. Applicants should submit both their cover letter and resume into our ADP system for consideration
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.