Call Center Representative (Clark)
Location: Sheridan- 6500 North Clark Street
Under direction of the Manager of Patient Services, the Call Center Representative is responsible for answering incoming telephones for all of the Howard Brown offices, scheduling and confirming appointments, rescheduling appointments when needed, having an understanding of insurance plans and taking very detailed messages for staff members when required. Maintains and retains a customer service attitude at all times to ensure patient satisfaction.
Principles Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer all incoming calls from clients and provide information and assistance in order to properly navigate a client through the organization. • Route all calls to and from the Call Center to appropriate individual or department. • Routinely checks the queue to monitor calls holding. • Schedules appointments for all medical and behavioral health providers, which include scheduling nurse or phlebotomy appointments as appropriate. • Follow protocols to properly triage calls to appropriate staff. • Documenting and making changes as appropriate to a patient’s demographic information. • Monitoring all schedules for errors or overbooking • Greet all clients with a pleasant and helpful manner, and collecting pertinent demographic and billing information. • Validate and correct insurance information as required. • Cross train to other positions as directed • Supports the mission statement to develop, enhance, and promote quality customer service through team effort. • Exhibits flexibility, sensitivity, and respect, maintaining a working relationship with all team members.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities- Required
- Confidentiality is a must
- High school degree or GED required.
- Proficient use of computer applications such as GE Centricity, Excel and Word.
- One or more years experience in Call Center/financial counseling setting.
- Experience working with Medicare, Medicaid, and other insurances.
- Must possess strong communication and demonstrate an ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
Bilingual – Spanish/English highly regarded.
CPT and ICD-9 coding desirable
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please start the application process using the link below. Applicants should submit both their cover letter and resume into our ADP system for consideration.