Brown Elephant stores have resumed limited curbside pick-ups and begin accepting donations through our contactless drop-off, Wednesday – Sunday, noon – 6 p.m. Upon receipt, all donations will be put into a three to five day “quarantine” rotation prior to handling for the safety of our staff and patrons.
Brown Elephant Resale Shops support the mission of Howard Brown Health by raising money for the agency through resale of donated items.
Brown Elephant Lakeview: 773.549.5943
Donation line: 773.549.5943, ext. 1
Please print two copies: One to bring to the Brown Elephant with your donation and one for your records.
Curbside Donation Pick-up
In order to accommodate current COVID-19 safety guidelines and recommendations, Brown Elephant will be offering limited curbside donation pick-ups for furniture in good condition only.
For the safety of our donors and drivers, physical distancing and safety precautions, including masks and gloves, will be used during pick-up. Donation pickup is offered for curbside/loading dock access only. Items donated should be positioned by donor and readily available for contactless pickup and loading. We will not enter the home.
Our movers reserve the right to decline items based on condition or size. This includes spots stains, rips, excessive pet hair, mold/mildew, missing hardware, discoloration, or other damage.
We are not able to accept the following items for curbside pick-up:
- Beds or bed related items
- Large entertainment centers/TV armoires/wall units
- Tube or projection TVs
- Medical Items
- Industrial office furniture (large desks, 4 drawer file cabinets)
- Large appliances
- Exercise equipment
- Built-in fixtures
Please email BEdonate@howardbrown.org with photos of the items you wish to donate or questions regarding curbside pick-up. You can also call 773.549.5943 and press 1 for more information.
Drop-off donations can be accepted during regular business hours, at any of the three Brown Elephant locations. All items must be clean and free from tears, stains, and damage. We respectfully request that all clothing be freshly cleaned/laundered prior to donation – and without hangers.
Please Note: We are NOT accepting books, CDs, and DVDs at the moment due to COVID-19
- Women’s Apparel
- Men’s Apparel
- Jewelry and Accessories
- Decorative Accents
- Art (framed posters & paintings)
- Housewares (Clean dishes, pots and pans, and cooking utensils)
- Upholstered Furniture (sofas, love seats, armchairs, etc.). Sofa beds with clean mattresses. We ask that all upholstered furniture be in good structurally sound condition with no rips, tears, stains or pet hair.
- End tables, coffee tables, occasional tables
- Dining room tables, buffets, chairs, etc.
- Dressers, mirrors, chest of drawers, wardrobe
- Bookcases, small desks, small file cabinets
- Electronics (Must be in working condition with all personal information removed prior to donation)
WE DON’T ACCEPT:
- Used bedding (bed sheets, comforters , pillows)
- Box springs
- Headboards, footboards, and bed frames
- Games & Toys
- Large household appliances (dishwashers , large refrigerators)
- Medical Equipment (wheel chairs, hospital beds, supplies)
- Building materials (Paint cans, wood , bathroom and kitchen fixtures, window blinds)
- Exercise equipment & Sporting goods
- Large entertainment centers/TV cabinets
- Tube or projection televisions, CRT monitors
- Armoires, china cabinets
Due to the recycling and reuse act we can no longer accept non-flat screen TVs of any type or age – call 1-800-RECYCLING (800-732-9254) or click recyclenation.com to find the nearest recycling drop off near you
If you have a question as to whether we’re able to accept an item for donation, please call the store ahead of your visit, or email BEdonate@howardbrown.org.