Donation line: 773.549.5943, Ext. 1
Please print two copies: One to bring to the Brown Elephant with your donation and one for your records.
Brown Elephant Resale Shops support the mission of Howard Brown Health by raising money for the agency through resale of donated items. All items must be clean and free from tears, stains and damage. We respectfully request that all clothing be freshly cleaned/laundered prior to donation – and without hangers. Goods we accept are as follows:
- Women’s Apparel
- Men’s Apparel
- Jewelry and Accessories
- Decorative Accents
- Art (framed posters & paintings)
- Housewares (Clean dishes, pots and pans, and cooking utensils)
- Upholstered Furniture (sofas, love seats, armchairs, etc.). Sofa beds with clean mattresses. We ask that all upholstered furniture be in good structurally sound condition with no rips, tears, stains or pet hair.
- End tables, coffee tables, occasional tables
- Dining room tables, buffets, chairs, etc.
- Dressers, mirrors, chest of drawers, wardrobe
- Bookcases, small desks, small file cabinets
- Books (books must be in good condition with no tears and binding intact)
- Electronics (Must be in working condition with all personal information removed prior to donation)
WE DON’T ACCEPT:
- Used bedding (bed sheets, comforters , pillows)
- Box springs
- Headboards, footboards, and bed frames
- Games & Toys
- Large household appliances (dishwashers , large refrigerators)
- Medical Equipment (wheel chairs, hospital beds, supplies)
- Building materials (Paint cans, wood , bathroom and kitchen fixtures, window blinds)
- Exercise equipment & Sporting goods
- Large entertainment centers/TV cabinets
- Tube or projection televisions, CRT monitors
- Armoires, china cabinets
Due to the recycling and reuse act we can no longer accept non-flat screen TVs of any type or age – call 1-800-RECYCLING (800-732-9254) or click recyclenation.com to find the nearest recycling drop off near you
If you have a question as to whether we’re able to accept an item for donation, please call the store ahead of your visit, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Donations office is open 7 days a week, from 9:00am to 5:30pm for your convenience. Our pick up service is reserved for furniture donations only. Smaller items may be dropped off at any of our locations during regular business hours. Our movers reserve the right to refuse donations that do not meet our quality standards for resale. We cannot accept items that are ripped, stained, structurally damaged, excessively worn, or missing hardware.
Pickups of furniture may be scheduled by clicking here and filling out the pickup request form. If you have questions about items that we accept, please check out this page or call 773.549.5943, ext. 1. Our pickup service has a small suggested minimum donation of $25 or more accepted in the form of a check payable to Howard Brown Health. Your donation is tax deductible!
Drop-off donations can be accepted during regular business hours, seven days a week at any of the three Brown Elephant locations.