When you support Howard Brown Health’s COVID-19 response, you allow us to adapt our care model to meet community need. Your gift helps us:
- Provide testing and supportive care at seven locations. Howard Brown is testing at our clinics in Englewood, Lakeview, Uptown, Rogers Park, and Hyde Park, as well as with our partners at Project Vida in Little Village and TaskForce Prevention & Community Services in Austin
- Staff a COVID-19 line through our call center (773.388.1600) to address patient concerns and screen patients by phone
- Operate a contact tracing program based on our long experience in contact tracing for HIV/AIDS and STIs that serves as a national model
- Equip medical staff to safely interact with patients through the purchase of personal protective equipment such as masks, gloves, gowns, and booties, etc.
- Continue to provide services to LGBTQ young people experiencing homelessness at Broadway Youth Center, centering racial justice and economic equity frameworks; offer meals, linkage to housing, virtual therapy, and other resources such as phones, rental assistance, and masks/hygiene supplies
- Deliver telemedicine for healthcare and behavioral health, including psychiatry, counseling, support groups, and behavioral health consultation services
- Provide walk-in sexual and reproductive health services
- Offer case management via electronic communication, including transportation, grocery store gift cards, emergency rental and utility assistance and housing referrals, safety planning, budgeting, and employment support
- Operate In Power, one of the few sexual harm response programs that continues to operate in Chicago, offering tele-support in obtaining orders of protection, safety planning around harm in the house, and checking in with clients
- Collect forensic evidence from survivors of sexual assault with temporary permission from the State of Illinois, starting July 2020, as hospital emergency departments have been unable to fulfill this mandate
- Deliver food weekly to 20 or more patients living with chronic conditions at higher risk for COVID-19 using our Brown Elephant staff
- Offer Facebook Live programming to educate and engage our community around safe practices, healthy behaviors, and ways to get involved
- Operate eight clinics to address the urgent healthcare needs of our patients
Thank you for your generous support of Howard Brown as we respond to this crisis!