Your gift to support Howard Brown Health’s COVID-19 response will allow us to continue to
- Staff a COVID-19 line through our call center (773.388.1600) to address patient concerns and screen by phone
- Provide testing and supportive care at five clinics. Howard Brown has set up testing sites in tents outside our clinics in Englewood, Lakeview, Uptown, and Rogers Park and is providing testing in our street-level outreach space in Hyde Park
- Equip medical staff to safely interact with patients through the purchase of personal protective equipment such as masks, gloves, gowns, and booties, etc.
- Continue to provide services to young people experiencing homelessness at Broadway Youth Center, including meals, and linkage to housing and other resources
- Support telemedicine for healthcare and behavioral health, including psychiatry, counseling, support groups, and behavioral health consultation services
- Provide walk-in sexual and reproductive health services for people who are symptomatic
- Offer case management via electronic communication, including transportation, grocery store gift cards, emergency rental and utility assistance and housing referrals, safety planning, budgeting, and employment support
- Operate In Power, one of the few sexual harm response programs that continues to operate in Chicago, offering tele-support in obtaining orders of protection, safety planning around harm in the house, and checking in with clients
- Offer Facebook Live programming to educate high-risk populations around safe practices
- Plan for the spread of the virus and expand our care model to meet community need
Thank you for your generous support of Howard Brown as we respond to this crisis!