Are you looking for a job that’s fast-paced and fun? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of people?
The Brown Elephant Resale Shop is hiring a couple of part-time sales associates
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain store facilities, including stocking sales floor, keeping sales floor neat and clean (dusting, polishing, sweeping, wet mopping, vacuuming, waste disposal, cleaning of washrooms and snow removal).
- Sort, pack, hang, etc. all merchandise.
- Process sales on cash register.
- Provide timely and courteous customer service following established guidelines.
- Perform other duties as directed and as required.Attend meetings as required.
HERE IS WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- People with antique/vintage/resale experience
- People with a true passion for furniture, clothing and home decor
- People who know how to price donations appropriately
- People who know how to quickly research books, furniture, art, etc.
- People who are not afraid to move furniture and get dirty
- Handy people
- Creative people
- FRIENDLY people
- TEAM-PLAYERS WHO CAN SELL LIKE CHAMPIONS
We offer a fun work environment and competitive pay. If you think that you are the right fit for The Brown Elephant, go to www.howardbrown.org and click on the link to the store of interest.
Please include an original cover letter in the same document as your resume, telling us a bit about yourself. We don’t need a novella…just a brief backstory, your talents, your favorite song, your Facebook profile link, and your SAT score. The last 2 were jokes, but we’d like to know your favorite song.
The Brown Elephants are the hippest and trendiest resale shops in Chicagoland! Come join our team and support the health care and social service efforts of Howard Brown Health.
You can learn more about Howard Brown and the Brown Elephants by visiting us online at www.howardbrown.org.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please start the application process using the link below. Applicants should submit both their cover letter and resume together as the same document into our ADP system for consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at HBH Care made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.