Primary Care Services
We get you.
At Howard Brown Health we provide care that makes you feel respected and valued just as you are. Regardless of your ability to pay, our staff is dedicated to helping you live your best life. From pediatrics to geriatrics, we deliver expert care to the LGBTQ community and its allies. We get you.
Services Provided by Howard Brown Health Primary Care Providers include:
- Preventive care and routine physicals
- Gynecological services
- Infectious disease care, including HIV and hepatitis
- Transgender health services
- Alternative Insemination referrals
- Elder care
Select a primary care provider at any of our clinic locations. Once you have selected a primary care provider, please send the name and contact information of your provider to any outside specialists you see. This will assist your specialists in coordinating medical care with us.
We accept a variety of insurance plans, in addition to Medicare and Medicaid. All medical services are offered on a sliding-fee scale to those who are eligible. Don’t have insurance? Don’t worry. Visit our fee and insurance information page for information on how we can help.
We provide safe, timely, cost effective, equitable, and quality services to all individuals throughout the life span. Our clients are at the center of our mission and comprehensive health and wellness is our ultimate goal. Through a team of dedicated physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, case managers, behavioral health consultants, health educators, and other healthcare providers, Howard Brown offers everything you expect from a primary care provider and more. As a Patient Centered Medical Home, Howard Brown Health is committed to helping you stay healthy. We know that health is more than physical wellness; it also includes emotional and mental wellness.
Your Primary Care Provider (PCP) works closely with other members of your care team to help you consider how your body, mind and behavior impact your health. This is why one of the members of your care team is a Behavioral Health Consultant (BHC). Your PCP may ask a BHC to help you set goals that will help maintain and improve your health. A BHC does not offer traditional counseling or therapy. One of our BHC team members might meet with you once for 10-15 minutes or they may see you at the next few visits with your PCP to follow up on your goals. An example of a BHC visit may be for a person who has high blood pressure, diabetes or depression. Your PCP will give you information about the lifestyle changes recommended to improve your health; the BHC will help you decide how to work towards these changes.
At Howard Brown, we also have therapists (social workers and psychologists) who provide individual, group, couples and family therapy if you are interested in talking more in-depth about issues that relate to your health and well-being.
- Because Howard Brown Health is committed to your physical and mental health, routine medical treatment and procedures at Howard Brown may include:
- A physical exam
- Asking questions about your medical history and your physical/emotional health
- Measuring your blood pressure, temperature, height and weight • Prescribing or giving you medicine
- Having blood drawn for tests • Setting health-focused goals
- Other simple, common procedures
- Routine behavioral health/therapy treatments and procedures may include: asking questions about your mental health history and how you are feeling, discussing your concerns and problems, and creating a plan for therapy together
All medical services are offered on a sliding-fee scale to those who are eligible. Most major insurance plans are accepted.