The Technology Support Specialist under supervision and guidance will provide technology support to end users throughout the organization. Troubleshoots information technology issues, including software, hardware and level I & II networking issues. Installs and updates desktops, laptops, phones, cell phones, iPads, tablets, peripherals and related software.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process Help Desk requests and provide troubleshooting expertise to end-users including hardware and software technical support.
- Utilize and maintain a support center ticketing system for maintaining support, tracking support issues, and documenting resolutions.
- Setup and deploy new or refurbished workstations and perform maintenance, patches, and upgrades.
- Coordinate training of end-users as needed for new and existing software products.
- Assist in managing hardware, software and license inventory and updates.
- Provide support for email and IM systems.
- Assist in the overall support and installation of system-wide computer and telephone networks.
- Assist with managing user accounts for network and various application systems.
- Manage user and computer accounts in Active Directory.
- Assist with daily backups of systems, monitor logs and test file restorations.
- Support end-user personal portable devices specific to installation and support of agency approved mobile applications.
- Oversee anti-virus and anti-spyware efforts system-wide.
- Participate in IT-department projects.
- Assist with managing Brown Elephant resale point of sale systems.
- Assist with user and department migrations system-wide.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Generally pleasant environment. Will need to work some evenings or weekend as required. Space is limited and must be shared for optimal usage. Required to work at all Howard Brown locations as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of an associate degree in technology, or information systems or equivalent experience. 3+ years’ experience.
- Current knowledge of computer hardware.
- Proficiency in Windows-based operating systems (Windows 7, 10 Server 208 R2 & 2012), system configurations, hardware components, and software installations. Knowledge of Apple OS, iPads and laptops desired.
- Strong communication and team building skills required
- Commitment to providing informative and friendly end-user support.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7 – 10 and 2008/2012 server and active directory, remote desktop support
- Certifications Microsoft MCP Comptia A+ N+ S+ (At least 3 of the four listed)
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Office 2010-2013- 365) in a business environment
- Proficiency with Windows Domain environments
- Proficiency with Site to Site and Remote Access VPN
- Proficiency with networking equipment: routers, firewalls, wireless devices & switches
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, or information systems
- 5+ years’ relevant experience
- Certification Cisco CCNA R&S, MCSA
- GE Centricity/EHRS experience highly regarded
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please start the application process using the link below. Applicants should submit both their cover letter and resume into our ADP system for consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.