JOB TITLE: Manager, Women’s Health
DEPARTMENT: Women’s Health
REPORTS TO: Director, Sexual and Reproductive Health
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Full-time
The Manager of Women’s Health will promote the breast and cervical health of lesbian/bisexual women, transgender individuals and other at-risk populations through the coordination and provision of health promotion and screening services. The Manager will also work to increase sexual minority women’s access to and engagement within primary medical care, behavioral health services, research opportunities and other health promotion services at Howard Brown Health.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage breast and cervical cancer health promotion services, including community-based breast/cervical outreach, educational workshops and screening services.
- Provide leadership within agency-wide initiatives which seek to increase sexual minority women’s access to healthcare services.
- Manage private and public grants which fund women’s health programming, including supporting the authoring of proposals and reports, developing and monitoring budgets and maintaining contact with funding agencies.
- Establish agreements with community-based venues where sexual minority women frequent for the purpose of providing individual and group level health education.
- Will follow role assignments that are in alignment with the Patient Centered Medical Home Standards, and participate in all Patient Centered Medical Home efforts.
- Develop health promotion curricula and other materials addressing health issues for which sexual minority women are at increased risk.
- Develop and manage outreach component of program to comply with grant requirements.
- Maintain scopes as outlined in grant requirements for program and recommend changes as needed.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of programming and ensure the achievement of program goals/objectives.
- Develop and nurture professional relationships with community stakeholders by representing the agency at community events, meetings and conferences.
- Recruit, supervise and evaluate programmatic staff, interns and volunteers.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date knowledge about women’s health topics through ongoing professional development.
- Serve as the staff liaison for the Women’s Health (LCCP) community advisory board.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date data on services provided and activities completed for the purpose of reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Masters degree in social work, public health or related field is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing recommended
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have good working knowledge of women’s health issues with specific understanding of the disparities faced by sexual minority women.
- Must be well organized, attentive to details and an effective communicator.
- Must be able to work some evening and weekend hours.
Pleasant working environment. Space is limited and must be shared for most appropriate usage. Hours are typically 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. with some flexibility to accommodate client need.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please start the application process using the link below. Applicants should submit both their cover letter and resume into our ADP system for consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.