JOB TITLE: Mover
REPORTS TO: Manager, Distribution
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt; Hourly
The Driver/Mover is responsible for working with Brown Elephant team members to pick up donated items throughout Chicagoland for the Brown Elephant Resale Shops.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Confirm scheduled donation pick-up times, addresses and items by telephone at the donation office in the morning upon arriving at store.
- Operate resale shop van & trucks on designated route(s).
- Maintain resale shop van & trucks, report any problems with vehicles to Donations Coordinator so they may be dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Ensure vehicles are kept clean in the interiors and in the cabin area at the end of each day.
- Pick up donations, including many heavy, bulky items and furniture.
- Ensure donated merchandise is handled with care to prevent damage during pick-up or in transit.
- Complete donor receipts and obtain donor signature, distribute customer satisfaction surveys as needed.
- Ensure Brown Elephant customer service standards are consistently applied by all staff assisting with pick-ups.
- Drive vehicles safely and prevent accidents and injuries to self and fellow employees, as well as damage to vehicles at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license and safe driving record. A DMV background check is required prior to employment. Any prevailing or unresolved issues will preclude employment as a Driver until resolved.
- Must be able to lift heavy and bulky items, many in excess of 50 pounds, unassisted.
- Excellent customer service, prioritizing, detailed record keeping, and strong interpersonal/communications skills, required.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English), preferred.
The Brown Elephant Resale Shops are fast-paced and, at times, challenging work environments. Periodic irregular hours; intermittent periods of stress and high work volume. Casual dress.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please start the application process using the link below. Applicants should submit both their cover letter and resume together as the same document into our ADP system for consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.