JOB TITLE: Director, Information Technology & Business Intelligence
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Full-time
The Information Technology & Business Intelligence Director will lead and manage a team responsible for all objectives relevant to Information Technology. This position will work toward centralizing efforts servicing external and internal reporting requirements. This centralized service provides accurate analysis and reporting of clinical measures, health outcomes, and grant scope performance for external regulators, grantors and HBHC leadership.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILTIES:
- Manage the Information Technology, EHRS support and Data Analytics/Reporting Team, including software and hardware needs for the agency.
- Oversee the implementation of network security and monitoring.
- Oversees the management of help desk activities and resolves escalated issues if necessary.
- Establishes and builds relationships with hardware and software vendors.
- Oversees all IT-related purchasing and budget usage; works with Finance to develop budgets.
- Define the calendar and schedules and criteria for internal and third-party data collection, analysis and reporting to regulators.
- Ensure that the Center is meeting Service Level Agreements and project timelines for both Operations, new construction, and Projects.
- Maintain Business Intelligence and Reporting Team (BIRT) operated timeline trackers with up-to-date statuses and relevant information.
- Collaborate with Center Staff on the technical requirements for developing or enhancing GE Centricity reports or data extracts used for multiple regulator or external agency needs.
- Continuous review of data used within reporting for integrity, accuracy and completion.
- Manipulate clinical extracted data into regulated configurations when appropriate.
- Collaborate with Quality and Compliance Team to ensure data collection definitions and process meet analysis requirements.
- Ensure proper security and privacy risk infrastructure is in place.
- Monitor, maintain, and enforce policies/procedures in the areas of health IT, HIPAA, security risk, and network infrastructure/traffic.
- Meet and communicate with or train constituencies as needed to support timeline, reporting or standard assessment operations.
- Support all centralized reporting functions.
- Support expansion of health outcome data to support continuous improvement and effectiveness.
- Support EHRS configuration requests as needed.
- Implement software and electronic solutions to improve the operations of the health center including but not limited to: fax service options, telephones, computers, Human Resources platform solutions and databases.
- Other duties as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or similar field is required.
- Minimum three years of experience working with Electronic Health Records systems with a focus on reporting, data integrity and reporting processes.
- Knowledge of Clinical Quality Measures, Patient-Centered Medical Home
- Experience collecting data to satisfy external requirements for regulators and grant reporting
- Experience with GE Centricity or similar EHR systems is preferred
- Must be comfortable working with and supporting the LGBTQ community
- Space is limited and must be shared for most appropriate usage
- Healthcare environment subject to high stress and a fast pace
- Occasional weekends and evening hours as needed
- Occasionally moves Audio/Visual equipment weighing up to 50 pounds from various sites.
- Must be able to sit in a stationary position for extended periods of time using a computer.
- This position will need to occasionally have the physical ability to bend and crouch to service and connect various workstations throughout the organization.
- Must be able to travel to various sites to access IT needs.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please start the application process using the link below. Applicants should submit both their cover letter and resume into our ADP system for consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.