JOB TITLE: Clinical Director, Sexual and Reproductive Health
DEPARTMENT: Sexual and Reproductive Health
REPORTS TO: Director of Sexual and Reproductive Health
FLSA STATUS: Full-time; Exempt
The Nurse Practitioner provides advanced medical and nursing care to clients seeking sexual and reproductive health care at Howard Brown Sheridan and Clark locations. This includes assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating walk-in patients for sexually transmitted infections (STI) and HIV infection, with a special focus on PrEP and nPEP care. This position will be 80% patient facing and 20% administrative including protocol development for walk-in clinics. Additionally, this position will supervise walk-in nursing staff and manager of walk-in services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clinical Services – Provides direct clinical services and education for patients who are seeking to engage in PrEP and nPEP. Additionally provides support with STI treatment utilizing, treatment guidelines including obtaining medical history and physical specimen collection, high-volume phlebotomy, administration of treatments, performing point of care lab tests, management of PrEP and nPEP care, client counseling, and education. Will maintain a schedule to include 180 patient visits per month between the Sheridan and Clark locations. Will provide clinical supervision to the dedicated walk-in nursing staff and health educators.
- Administration – Serves as the Sexual and Reproductive Health Clinical Director, providing clinical oversite for walk-in and outreach based HIV and STI testing, as well as vaccinations including meningitis. Will assist the Manager of Walk-in Services with the coordination of clinic operations, flow, and client care. Contributes to completing documentation of reports and clinical services provided with a high level of detail and thoroughness. Provides direct supervision to dedicated walk-in nursing staff and Manager of Walk-in Services. Provides other professional or administrative duties as required.
- Protocol Development – Develops Sexual and Reproductive Health clinical protocols and procedures. Will implement and evaluate current best practices, protocols, and policies and procedures, updating as needed.
- Attends and participates in the Medical Leadership weekly meeting, clinical quality meetings as required and other leadership meetings as required.
- Participating in appropriate educational activities in order to maintain Board certification and continue professional growth.
- Practices within the legal and ethical guidelines established by the Medical Practice Act and the Specialty Standards of Practice.
- Documents comprehensive, accurate and continual data on clients’ records and program reports according to organization standards.
- Adheres to professional standards as outlined by governmental bodies, American Medical Association (AMA), American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG), American College of Physicians, American Academy of Pediatrics, American Academy of Family Physicians, American academy of nurse practitioners, American academy of physician assistants, private funding sources, Organization plans/policies and Unit guidelines. Participates in periodic evaluative reviews and/or in-house and external staff training to ensure that he/she understands and continues to adhere to such standards.
- The Clinical Director supervises walk-in nursing staff and the Manager of Walk-in Services.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Graduation from a college or university accredited for Advance Practice Nursing. Successful completion of an approved program of residency.
- At least 2 to 3 years of clinical experience.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients and the general public.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of the principles and practice of medicine and the structure and function of community health centers.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Skills in communicating effectively with patients and their families.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Active Illinois Nurse Practitioner License, plus current DEA registration, Board certification in a specialty area (must be completed within two years of employment), documentation of a Medical Degree from an accredited APN program.
- T/GNC, YMSM, and ciswomen cultural intelligence and experience navigating healthcare specific to T/GNC, YMSM, and ciswomenhighly desired.
- Experience and passion for sexual and reproductive health services.
- Bilingual – Spanish/English highly regarded.
- Ability to work some nights, weekends, and occasional irregular hours
- T/GNC, people of color, LGBTQ, highly encouraged to apply
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit.
- The employee must use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- The employee must reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Requires ability to speak audibly and listen actively.
- Requires ability to use computers, telephones and other office equipment.
- Requires ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- May require occasional bending and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- May require periodic travel.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please start the application process using the link below. Applicants should submit both their cover letter and resume together as the same document into our ADP system for consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.