Howard Brown Health Center is currently seeking qualified candidates for the Manager of Drop In Services. This is a full-time benefits eligible position with potential irregular hours. See below for full job details and application instructions.
Job Title: Manager of Drop In Services
Reports to Position: Director of the Broadway Youth Center
The Manager of Drop In Services is responsible for coordinating youth-centered support, including facilitating the provision of basic need services, to at-risk LGBTQ (lesbian, gay bisexual, transgender, queer) youth, youth experiencing homelessness, and street-based youth at the Broadway Youth Center (BYC). The Manager of Drop In Services will work collaboratively with the Manager of Resource Advocacy to co-direct the Drop In Program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide the overall leadership and planning necessary to successfully operate daily drop-in services.
· Facilitate and organize the provision of basic needs services, including food, hygiene, laundry, and clothing services.
· Ensure the provision of high-quality, responsive care to youth participants.
· Coordinate drop-in programming and workshops.
· Coordinate staffing, programming, and various working groups related to the Drop In Program.
· Recruit, train, and supervise Drop-In Program volunteers and interns.
· Supervise the proper documentation of drop-in services and provide accurate reports.
· Ensure that youth participants are linked to in-house services through initial intakes and program orientations.
· Coordinate multidisciplinary team meetings, staff development opportunities, trainings, and initiatives related to the Drop-In Program.
· Foster youth leadership by supervising and supporting the Peer Advocate Project, an LGBT youth of color leadership project.
· Build relationships with various community stakeholders to support the Drop-In Program and promote Drop-In Program visibility and awareness of LGBT and street-based youth issues.
· Support initiatives as requested by the Director of the Broadway Youth Center.
· Conduct all other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Characteristics:
· Direction Given: Directs and supervises the work of 2 other employees.
· Working Conditions: Primary work setting is an indoor office/healthcare environment.
· Physical Requirements: Physical ability to effectively communicate with others, verbally and written; perform basic computer operations and other office functions, whether aided or unaided.
· Travel (%): Minimal
· Bachelor’s Degree is and/or equivalent experience with social justice organizing or social service/public health field is required. Three or more years of professional experience with a social justice, social service, or public health organization is required. Two or more years of professional experience working with at-risk youth, especially LGBTQ and homeless youth.
· Bilingual – Spanish/English is highly regarded.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
Please apply using the following link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=2355711
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.