JOB TITLE: Nurse Practitioner - Part Time (25 hours)
REPORTS TO: Chief Clinical Officer
The Nurse Practitioner will provide primary health care services for a client case load, see research clients for regular clinic visits and provide STD evaluation and treatment during the STD clinic.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities*:
- Perform history and physicals on new and returning clients.
- Order appropriate diagnostic/screening tests and review tests to establish diagnosis; initiate or continue treatment based on findings.
- Manage acute and chronic illnesses according to established protocols and/or in collaboration with the physician.
- Participate in peer review process, Quality Improvement projects, and other QI activities as necessary.
- Provide follow-up to health care providers or community agencies, as necessary.
- Maintain productivity level necessary to reach mandated annual level of client encounters.
- Serve as primary provider for STD clinic.
- Keep accurate and confidential records as required.
- Participate/lead appropriate interdisciplinary teams. Contribute toward development of annual health care plans as appropriate.
- Administer physical examinations on research participants according to the protocol and procedure established; participate in other research activities at Howard Brown.
- Maintain Illinois licensure and accrue Continuing Education Units to maintain a safe level of practice and certification.
- Participate in the development of clinical protocols and health center policy/procedure development as appropriate.
- Perform procedures as delineated through privileging process.
- Precept students and participate in HBHC sponsored community activities as needed.
- Maintain Collaborative Agreement with supervising provider.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Candidate must be currently licensed as Advance Practice Nurse in State of Illinois with DEA.
- Controlled Substance license and Master’s degree in Nursing, required.
- Basic rescue CPR certification knowledge, desired.
- Experience with multi-ethnic, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and HIV-AIDS clients and issues, preferred.
- Outpatient primary care experience desired.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish strongly preferred.
Generally pleasant environment. Space is limited and must be shared for most efficient usage. Some evening and weekend hours required. Sporadic periods of high stress and irregular hours.
Please apply using the following link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=1359851
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.