Howard Brown Health Center is currently seeking qualified candidates for the Vice President, Innovation and Development job opening. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position. See below for full job details and application instructions.
JOB TITLE: Vice President, Innovation and Development
REPORTS TO: President & Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to the President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Vice President, Innovation and Development partners with the CEO and Board of Directors of Howard Brown Health Center (HBHC) on strategic, multi-year planning for innovation and development that achieves targeted organizational goals. The VP leads the ongoing strategy development process as an integral member of the senior management team. Provides strategic recommendations to the CEO based on analysis and projections to address new challenges as they arise. Directs and leads all development programs and projects to include Resource, Board, Corporate, Strategy and Business Development. Effectively leads and manages the Innovation and Development team to achieve and exceed organizational and individual goals and objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:*
- Evaluates market size, competitor positioning and industry structures to assist in the development of HBHC’s goals and objectives.
- Working with the senior team, develops and refines short- and long-term strategic business goals.
- Directs the examination, analysis, and development of alternative business models that will enable HBHC to achieve sustainable long-term financial and operational goals.
- Develops recommendations for the CEO and the Board of Directors with options to best position HBHC for future growth.
- Acts as liaison for other senior management, with the CEO and Board of Directors in aggregating and incorporating their departmental strategies into an overall organizational strategic plan.
- Plans and executes a wide range of strategies to meet specific organizational objectives, including but not limited to:
- Identifying, engaging, and assisting in the recruitment of potential members of the management team; assisting the CEO in defining the structure and role of the management team.
- Exploring new market opportunities with existing services; developing complementary services that enable expansion; and phasing in or out of certain services, or areas served.
- Establishing relationships with strategic business partners.
- Identifying and evaluating strategic restructuring opportunities and options.
- Serves as the senior leadership resource to the Board of Directors to assist in sourcing, selecting, and engaging the tools, resources, and expertise desired by the Board to help achieve its development mission.
- Collaborates with the Board Chair and the Executive Committee to ensure that Board membership and member competencies reflect the professional expertise required to meet the current and strategic needs of the organization.
- Collaborates with the Board Chair and the Executive Committee to orient new Board members to the organization and their roles and responsibilities.
- Assists in Board education by proposing to the Board Chair applicable educational strategies and options. Assist the Board in planning and hosting meetings that aid the organization in strategy and fund development.
- Develops and implements a strategic and diversified funding plan that will assist the organization in meeting ambitious financial goals for general support, capital campaigns and special projects.
- Identifies, researches and investigates new opportunities for funding from a wide variety of philanthropic, venture funding, government, and individual sources to expand HBHC’s donor base.
- Develops and executes a development strategy that grows financial resources in the short term, while diversifying the funding base towards long-term stability.
- Initiates, fosters, and implements tactical partnerships with external organizations in order to increase the demand for HBHC services and generate revenue.
- Establishes an entrepreneurial environment that promotes creation of new business initiatives.
- In collaboration with legal counsel, leads all contract negotiations for partnership initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Required: MBA with a focus in Strategy Development, Marketing, Organizational Design or a related field.
- Preferred: MBA with a focus in Healthcare Management
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within strategic planning and operations.
- Strong leadership capabilities along with superior management and communications skills with an innate ability to build consensus among diverse groups.
- Externally facing; highly collaborative; self-directed, yet team oriented; eager to work in a fast-paced environment; results minded; innovative.
- Strong analytical skills and experience taking a strategic vision into an operational model
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external working relationships
- Skill in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting applicable data
- Ability to facilitate candid, orderly group discussions and achieve consensus outcomes
- Demonstrated understanding of strategy development, business development, financial analysis, forecasting, and fund development.
- Experience in analyzing a competitive health care environment, and developing and implementing strategic recommendations for improved position in a dynamic and rapidly changing industry desired.
- Strong understanding of the health care industry trends and directions, particularly community health care desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Competencies Required: Entrepreneurial, Innovative Thinking, Thought Leadership, Leadership, Team Building.
- Primary work setting is a pleasant, professional health care center environment.
- Must have the ability to work nights and weekends; potential irregular hours, occasional late or weekend meetings/events.
- Ability to travel as needed to attend conferences, continuing education, meetings, and events as necessary.
For full consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject line: Vice President, Innovation and Development.
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at Howard Brown are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, veteran status, age, FMLA status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state or local statutes.
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.